By: Jamie A. Murphy
I've never felt it necessary to discuss this topic. Until now. This biological waste production is physical evidence of what in our diet's need to be changed! I found that this matter would serve as a vital entity to my nutrition plan and even save the world! (see part II). So grin and bear with me, I'll try to be as conventional as possible. I feel that it's my duty to share this with you! I believe you too have something to gain from those ‘something's' we lose.
While freshening up in my girlfriends restroom, a little brown book by Josh Richman and Anish Sheth, M.D., titled ‘What's Your Poo Telling You?' sparked question that I could be overlooking a very purposeful bodily function! The Author's run down was shrewd, yet it's ‘humorous' interpretation wasn't my cup of tea. Soon flipping through You Are What You Eat, I was confident that (author) Dr. Gillian McKeith had conservatively covered this topic. What I learned will turn your stomach! Her breakdown and my field study should translate what your poo is telling you:
CLASSIFICATION FIX FOODS
1. "WILLIAM", those that ‘Bob' and are hard to flush probably mean that you overate yesterday. Gas and fat make William float and shows an imbalance in your liver.
-Linseeds may serve as a solution. Sprinkle onto soups and salads daily.
-Manually prompt the detoxification process of your liver by rubbing it'd region while lying supine,
(see foot notes for further instruction)
-3 cups of herbal Sage tea daily
-1 tablespoon spiraling daily
-L-Glutamine powder prior to eating
-Triphala to cleanse out liver
FOODS THAT NOURISH YOUR LIVER: Broccoli, Brussel sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, garlic, kohlrabi, turnip root, eggs, nuts and seeds (especially flax, sunflower and pumpkin). *unsalted!
2. "PEPE LE PEW", those that have an abnormally frightful smell say that food is festering in your large intestine! The smell is a warning sign that you're toxic and that your gut is too acidic. Digestive enzymes will enable your body to release those toxins and release the nose plug!
-digestive enzyme capsule with every meal
-liquid chlorophyll (1 tablespoon before meals)
-100mg Coenzyme Q10 daily
-juice your own juice! (the time it takes is worth it)
3. "6TH AND MAIN " If ‘skid row' is looking back at you from your bowl your diet is lacking good quality fiber. Too much mucus is a sign that you need to UP your consumption of foods high in food enzymes. Alcohol and dairy are mucus producing foods that you should start limiting immediately!
-wild blue-green algae capsules
4. "BUGGS" bunny like droppings illustrate congestion in your liver. Blockage in your intestines due to lack of nutrients makes for unfinished business;(
-2 capsules Milk Thistle (3 times daily/1 mo.)
-500 mg Alpha Lipoic Acid (once daily/1 mo.)
-Psyillium (or Triphala) Powder mixed with water
-1 tablespoon Liquid Chlorophyll before meals
-2 tablespoons Lecithin Granules (on cereals or salads;)
5. "NIGHT LIGHT" Lightly colored stools imply poor digestion of fatty foods. You are probably lacking ‘good fats' in your diet. Essential Fatty Acids are vital to your mission as they help to metabolize fat!
-1 table spoon flax seeds over salads and soups
FOODS THAT HELP METABOLIZE FAT: fish, avocado, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and sea veggies (such as nori).
6."TRACER" one reason you may see traces of your last meal is that you aren't chewing enough to break up the food! It also can signify that your last meal was low in soluble fiber. When you eat a meal that is too low in soluble fiber, it causes your food to pass through your GI tract largely unchanged. If you believe to be consuming enough soluble fiber, you may want to consider a colon irrigation.
TRY THIS! Self Evaluate your Rate
Our bodies lack enzymes needed to digest certain components of plant cell walls, good examples of these are that of which are found in corn. Eat 1 cup 100% corn and record the time at which the kernels enter your mouth. If 6 hours pass with no trace, your digestion is not as competent as it should be.
-1 tablespoon Aloe Vera Juice before meals
-digestive enzyme supplement with all meals
FOODS HIGH IN SOLUABLE FIBER: add foods
7. "RACER", not to be confused with a single flu induced stint, is when you're runny all the time. (I'm sorry if I'm getting awkwardly descriptive, the thesaurus suggestions are worse). Your spleen function is fatigued and is preventing the transition of iron (recycled from deteriorating red blood cells) back into your blood. You most likely have white teeth marks around the sides of your mouth and/or suffer from constant gas and bloating, as these are other physical signs of spleen deficiency.
SPLEEN NOURISHING FOODS, HERBS, SPICES: aduka beans, yellow squash, mung beans, kidney beans, alfalfa, lychees, barley, millet, beeroot, oats, carrots, parsley, celery, parsnips, chicken, pumpkin, fennel, root vegetables, fish, sweet potatoes, turnips, yams. (herbs/spices; garlic, black pepper, ginger, cayenne pepper, ginseng, cinnamon, horseradish, dill seed, pau d'arco, astragalus
-limit Raw veggies
-raw oats and spelt for breakfast
-warm foods and herbal teas
-grate ginger on salad and soups
What Should It Look Like?
I can infer that ‘happy pooh' is that of which resembles none of the traits listed above. That being said, let's re-cap!
IT SHOULD NOT:
- leave remnants in the bowl
-contain any visible food (unless its corn or another veggie with thick cell walls)
-smell abnormally foul
-appear yellow or light beige
-look like rabbit pellets or vomit
-be compressed in it's consistency/compact
-easily flush all evidence
-be dark to med. Light brown
-release with moderate attempt
...(forced bowel movements are the 2nd leading cause of hemorrhoids! 1st? Weighted squats!
FOODS THAT PUSH: (If you're having trouble still, try eating these) : Sweet potato, sweet carrots, sweet peppers, avocado and sweet corn!
...POSTURE is always something to be conscious of, especially during exercise. Even these small contractions should be done with proper form! (Sit straight up, elongating your neck to point the crown of your head towards the ceiling. Chest is open with shoulders slightly rolled back and your feet should be positioned on the ground with toes and knees pointing forward.) This not only corrects your posture, it makes for a good and clean exit!
Phew! Was it that bad? If you're at peace with all of this I urge you to stay tuned for What Matters Part II. Our bodies were created to perform this duty as a method of recycling inside. What we no longer need, we shed. Is it possible that we were given this innate ability not only to purify our bodies but our planet? My study shows that if the White House was as in touch with their own waste as we now are of ours, shit would hit the fan!Jamie Alexandra Murphy, CFT